Ex-Nashville Predators center Colin Wilson opens up about drug addiction: 'I got hooked'

Cocaine. Marijuana. Pills. Alcohol.Former in a story

released Monday for.Wilson, who composed last year about his

, said he was sorry for not sharing his experiences with medication addiction faster. The death of his friend, in August prompted Wilson to share his struggles, he claimed. Hayes'autopsy showed his reason of fatality was a result of

"severe drunkenness due to the consolidated impacts of fentanyl and cocaine, "according to the."Everything that I would certainly reduced concerning my own addiction came flooding into my mind," he created. "I'm two-and-a-half years sober-- and also in such a way, I guess, I believed I had defeated it. But you never ever beat it. You just live with it. And also what happened to Jimmy ... it can have occurred to any one of us. It might have occurred to me."

Wilson claimed what started as a sleeping tablet dependency when he was 20 quickly gatewayed right into various other addictions to cannabis as well as cocaine, all stemming, Wilson stated, from his OCD.He claimed he took the medicines so he might feel, yet usually would certainly question after a bender whether he would awaken the next morning.Wilson said he's enrolling for a level in psychology in his effort to even more help those with addictions. "I was a normal individual similar to you,"he wrote."But I obtained connected, I obtained stuck. I really did not understand the

escape. "Wilson stated he lastly got aid at the end of the 2018-19 period, when he was with the Avalanche.Wilson was selected seventh overall by the Killers in 2008 and invested the initial eight periods of his 11-year profession with Nashville.He had 95 goals and also

142 helps in 502 occupation video games with the team and also aided lead the franchise to its only Stanley Mug Final appearance in 2016-17.

Get To Paul Skrbina at and also follow him on Twitter.

Post a Comment

0 Comments